New York, New York… Looking for a guide to New York?
One of the most famous cities in the world is, without a doubt, New York. If you want to be a part of it, whether you’re visiting and looking for New York tourism information, or you’re thinking of moving to the Big Apple and starting a new life, it’s worth spending some time to learn, prepare, and think ahead.
You can find tour guides in any language, like a French tour guide in New York, someone who speaks Italian, and lots more but it’s not as easy as finding an English tour guide in New York.
If you speak another language, try looking for clips on YouTube by searching “New York tour guide [language]”. You should find some useful videos if you do that!
We’ve featured some other videos that relate to the topic of travel and seeing the world, and we’ll link to those below in case you’re interested in taking a gander:
- 10 Solo Travel Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make
- How To Make a Travel Journal
- Flight Attendant Reveals Travel Tips
If you aren’t able to travel right now, or you’re still saving up for your dream trips, you can still enjoy all the world has to offer on YouTube and other sites with travel content. It’s not the same as being there, but it’s still a great way to get some ideas of places you would like to see in real life.
Let’s start with this NYC tour guide video from Attache:
Notable things about New York:
- New York is the most linguistically diverse city in the world. People speak over 800 different languages in NY, and almost 40% of households speak a language other than English.
- The Bronx is home to iconic hip-hop group Clipse, which consisted of Pusha T and No Malace. With the help of Pharrell (who we also mentioned here, and would be a good candidate for a musical residency in Las Vegas), Clipse got a record deal with Elektra, and become some of the most beloved rappers in New York, which is saying a lot for a city with such an iconic musical history.
- New York is home to the very first pizza restaurant in the United States, it opened in 1895.
- If Brooklyn was a city, it would be the 4th largest city in all of America.
If you’re ever going to travel to New York, consider finding a NYC tour guide or at least watch some videos to get an understanding of how the city functions so you aren’t caught off guard with anything.
Other Things In New York
There’s no shortage of cool things to see and do in New York City. It’s a world-class city and home to countless things to see. This city attracts such a wide range of people, from famous chefs, artists, entertainers, athletes, and so on… it’s one of the most desirable places to live in the world, so some of the world’s most notable people naturally flock to NY.
New York has had a profound influence on music, including the genre of hip hop. It’s home to many legendary acts, and has birthed many classic mix tapes, too.